Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Ladies

One of the perquisites of having ALS, and having had the presence of mind to purchase long term care insurance, is the opportunity to meet some very special Ladies: my Caregivers. These Angels are indispensable in making the day-to-day mundane of ablutions, dressing, and culinary needs not so daunting.
Because these gems take such great care of me, I have been accused of ‘living like a King’ and that sentiment may not be far from the truth ( horror-stories about caregivers abound ).

Tomi (pronounced ‘toe-mee’) was with us for a year before returning to nursing school this last September.  Originally from Nigeria, she immigrated here 11 years ago at age 12.  When I started this blog, Tomi was kind enough to type for me. She is also quite talented; check out
Tomi is quite the young lady.

1 comment: